I admit I am fascinated with baby boomer statistics. Especially understanding how to write better blog articles that baby boomers would find interesting.
On our Bizzy Boomers blogs we try and write content around home business tips for baby boomers, making money tips, mindset, and marketing tips both to and for baby boomers. We also add content in the baby boomers category that could be anything interesting or useful for baby boomers.
Here are some baby boomer statistics I have dug up that say a lot about us as baby boomers as well as how you can market better to baby boomers yourself.
1. There are 76.4 million baby boomers living in the United States.
2. The youngest Baby Boomers will turn 65 in 2029.
3. 52% of baby boomers are women.
4. 10,000 new baby boomers turn 65 every day according to The Pew Research Center. If you are looking to market to baby boomers, or offer tips for baby boomers like we do this is a very positive statistic. It is what I call an evergreen market in that it is always in demand. It is a market that naturally exists.
5. 33% of Internet users. This number seems low, but I imagine it is always increasing.
6. 71% of baby boomers use social media. Using social media myself I see baby boomers everyday. There is a group of us on my personal Facebook account that poke fun at the life changes we are going through.
7. 67% of baby boomers exercise.
8. According to the Social Security Administration women have a life expectancy of 83 and men have a life expectancy of 79. Just my luck I was born a male.
9. 24% of online music sales are people over 50.
10. 79% of baby boomers buy store brand names over brand names. If you are looking to get into affiliate marketing or ecommerce with Amazon FBA keep this one in mind.
11. More boomers live in Maine then any other state. Over 36.8% of Maine’s population are boomers.
12. Baby boomers love to travel and half stay in the US when they vacation. Why spend your money overseas if there are places in the U.S. you have not seen!
13. Gallup has some interesting findings on baby boomers and work. Only 1/3 still work at 68. That does not mean they are financially set though.
14. For fun: 42% of baby boomers watch television, 40% read, 11% walk-jog-run, and 17% of leisure time spent is with loved ones.
15. 2/3 of baby boomers want to save social security and think this is more important then lowering the deficit.
I say why not start a blog and work making yourself money with your own online business!
17. 45% of baby boomers consider themselves entrepreneurial. As this number increases so will the number of failing businesses. Read this short article Why Do Home Businesses Fail to make sure you succeed!
18. Baby boomers control more then 2/3 of the disposable income in the U.S.
19. They will inherit over $15 Trillion Dollars in the next 20 years.
20. The average 401K for a baby boomer in the 55-64 age group is $177,805. This translates into a sustainable income of $7,112 per year in retirement. That is not enough and even with social security you may not have enough money to live comfortably on. Maybe you should start a business or is it hard to start an online businessis it hard to start an online businessis it hard to start an online business.
21. The average amount spent by Americans 65-74 is $55,000 a year
The fact that over 1/2 of baby boomers do not have savings is a big reason to start an online home business and target the baby boomer market. That is exactly what we have done here on our BizzyBoomers.com blog.
How much money do you need to retire on. Here is what Boomers say…..
Expected annual retirement income need
– Less than $35,000 — 44%
– $35,000-$55,000 — 26%
– $55,000-$75,000 — 16%
– More than $75,000 — 14%
If you do not have how much you feel you will need in savings, a pension, and social security you need another plan. BizzyBoomers can help you!
23. 42% of Americans will retire broke!
I can not think of anything worse for a baby boomer to do then to retire broke. It does not have to be that way for you.
I see boomers working longer at their job because they want to and have the health to do so. I also see them staying with their job longer because financially they have to.
Is their another option for you?
Bizzy Boomers Can Help You Make Money Online!
We provide all kinds of free home business tips for baby boomers. We recommend you join Wealthy Affiliate for free and learn how you can get started making money today!